Friday, July 18, 2014

I would be a terrorist if .... by Wiley Foxes

I would be a terrorist if:

  • I was confined with 1.8 million other people in a space of 139 square miles  (12 mi by 12 mi).
  • I was not allowed to leave this space to trade with others and improve my family's well-being.
  • I was not allowed to have citizenship, passport, or attend college to improve my state in life.
  • My children were killed with bombs whenever one of the imprisoned bit the hand of our captors
  •  I was sentenced to a lifetime of poverty because of my imprisonment while my captors lived in a plush economy that resembles California
  • I depended on charities like the United Nations to stay alive
  • Two powerful countries maintained these conditions for 65 years and gradually took more and more of the little land we have.
Yes, I would become a terrorist if this were the hand I was dealt.  And yet, the United States is the country that makes this hypothetical scenario a reality for 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza. 

No comments:

Blog Archive