Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Adult Relationships, 2/18/14

I believe consenting adults should be free to have relationships of their choice with other consenting adults including gays, straights, polyamory, polyfidelity, swingers, polygamy, or whatever.  I also believe we should have the freedom to marry whoever we want, two or more. I don’t have any complicated arguments, I just believe in freedom to live one’s life by your own rules;  you know, land of the FREE stuff.   I’m agnostic so I don’t have many religious rules except those I make up for myself like kindness, being my brother’s keeper, honesty, transparency with friends, courage, and a few others.  Yea, I know the Bible is pretty down on all this freedom, but that is for you to rationalize and follow if you chose … I chose to believe in freedom for myself and others.



I also don’t mind interracial relationships, or those that want to be transgender, or have a sex change.  More power to them.  I hope they enjoy their life and that whatever changes or relationships they have enhance their happiness.  Enjoy.


I also believe in honesty and transparency in my own relationship.  I have not always been that way, but I am glad I finally made it.  If I am attracted to another woman, or have a sweet interaction with one of god’s lovely creatures, I rush home to tell my lady.  There are a few other women that I love, and my wife knows all about it.  No secrets.  Same with her.  Yea, we have some fear reactions from time to time, but we both own our fears (or try to) and don’t blame the other.  We are explorers in life and don’t have a rigid script except to be honest and transparent with each other.  I anticipate being with my lady until I die, but are both here only as long as it works for both of us … that we stay in-love.  And, we both recognize that we are human and capable of loving others. 

No comments:

Blog Archive